Commercial LED Lighting Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ will help prepare you for the our energy audit visit.
LED Lighting Question #1
So, how much can I expect to save on my electric bill if I convert to your commercial-grade LED lighting technology?
LED Lighting Answer #1
Well, by using our energy audit process, we are able to calculate your savings based on current wattages, number of light fixtures, hours of operation, and your current kWh rate charged by your power company. As a result, we see anywhere from 50% to 80% reduction in energy costs on the lighting portion of your electric bill.
LED Lighting Question #2
If I schedule an appointment with you to visit my location and conduct an energy audit, how long does it take?
LED Lighting Answer #2
So, on the initial appointment we need about 15-20 minutes to go over the various programs, incentives, and rebates you may be eligible for. In addition, the energy audit itself will take 30 minutes to 2 hours based on the size of your location and the number of total fixtures. Then, we will schedule a time to come back to review the full detailed analysis and ROI for your business.
LED Lighting Question #3
If I like the idea of;
- saving money on my electric bill.
- eliminating lighting maintenance due to the longevity of your products.
- and improving the light quality at my place of business
- but don’t want to put money out of pocket, do you have any options for me?
LED Lighting Answer #3
Yes, we have several options. For instance,
- Many of our customers choose our Green Funding Program. This program allows you to enjoy all of the benefits of our LED Retrofit solution with no new money invested out of pocket. So, you can simply take the savings from what you’ve been paying your power company and redirect those savings to pay for a monthly LED lighting payment. In most cases the savings more than pays for the new LED lights and many times with a positive cash flow.
- In addition, we are authorized LED solution providers for PACE programs (Property Accessed Clean Energy). This is a way for qualified property owners in subscribed communities to finance energy efficiency improvements through a long-term property assessment. It makes really good business sense for property owners.
LED Lighting Question #4
Can I expect to receive a rebate estimate from my power company?
LED Lighting Answer #4
Yes, as a part of our energy audit process, we estimate the expected rebate for your project. We stay on top of all the latest rebate programs available. We assist you with the rebate process which can be quite cumbersome without our assistance. Also, most require a pre-install and post-install application and approval. We make it simple for you.
LED Lighting Question #5
If I’m not happy with the light levels of my current lighting in certain areas of my building, will your LED lighting solution be better?
LED Lighting Answer #5
As a part of our walk-through during the energy audit,
- First, we will take note of foot candle readings as we go along. Foot candles (FC) are a measure of the lumens actually hitting your work surface area. Also, regulatory organizations such as OSHA have set standards for a variety of workplace environments to ensure worker health, safety and welfare.
- Then, if your current light levels meet or exceed the standard AND you are happy with the current light levels, then our proposed solution will be designed to maintain light levels while using 50-75% less energy to do so.
- And, if there are areas below standard or areas you are not currently satisfied with then our solution will be designed to improve your light levels accordingly.
- That being said, you can expect to be visually pleased with the “quality” of light.
- Also, our quality LED products mimic a more natural light, it’s easier on the eyes, it allows colors to appear more accurately, there’s no flickering, and they don’t lose their lumen output over time in the way fluorescents do.
LED Lighting Question #6
Is it true that there are health benefits to using LED lights instead of fluorescents?
LED Lighting Answer #6
Yes, research indicates that LED lighting can provide a variety of health benefits. On a basic level, natural light tells us when it’s time to wake up and go to sleep. On the other hand, man-made light sources are responsible for enabling a variety of different activities when natural light is simply not available. As a result, we are exposed to different kinds of light every day. So, that light has an effect on our overall well-being and health.
Here are 5 reasons why LEDs are good for your health:
1. Balances Circadian Rhythm
For starters, recent developments in LED lighting technology has allowed the LEDs to mimic natural light. Also, research indicates that proper exposure to natural light promotes a healthy and regular circadian rhythm and LEDs seem to do the trick. So swap those fluorescence in your office for LEDs and enjoy the sleep benefits!
2. Decrease Occurrence of Headaches
And, we are all familiar with the notorious flickering fluorescent bulbs. For those who suffer from headaches and migraines, fluorescents can have devastating side effects. But the good news is there is now an alternative! LED bulbs do not flicker, and in turn can help ease headaches.
3. Increased Learning Performance
Plus, when LEDs are applied in a learning environment, research suggests that learning performance is increased. This makes LEDs an optimal investment for schools. Let’s help students succeed.
4. Increased Productivity
Also, organizations that implement LED lighting in office spaces and work areas have recognized an increase in productivity. Implementing LED technology can help your employees to find success in their careers.
5. Decrease Stress and Anxiety
Furthermore, we all understand how spending a day outdoors can help reduce stress. Though we may not be able to consistently get outdoors in busy day to day life, LED lighting can offer help. LED lighting has been associated with decreased levels of stress and anxiety in indoor environments.
There you have it. We all know that LED lighting is good for the environment, but, we are now finding that LED lighting is good for people too! Making a switch to LED is one simple way to have a positive impact on people.
LED Lighting Question 7
I’m sure Premium Lighting isn’t the only company that could provide me with an LED lighting solution. Why should I choose you as my lighting provider?
LED Lighting Answer #7
Choosing the right lighting solutions provider is a very important decision. So, please take a look at the Due Diligence Checklist in our Resources section. We strongly believe you could not make a better decision than choosing Premium Lighting, Inc. for your LED lighting needs. Premium Lighting is thorough, honest, and professional. We know lighting. The founders of Premium Lighting (Steve Pasternack, Ken Morrison & John Glorioso) have 50+ combined years in the lighting industry. Premium Lighting only represents quality, commercial-grade LED lighting products that we can stand behind with our 5 year service warranty which is supplemental to the manufacturer’s warranty. We like to tell our customers, “no one will need to stand on a ladder changing a bulb in your building for the next 5 years or longer”.